- 320,053 hits
Anything about Ubuntu, Centos, openSuSe and Fedora
Always having this problem when using network-manager and shutdown or reboot my computer while some CIFS shares still connected. I tried various fixes but still no help for me. Until I got this link, which works like a charm for me.
1. Open a terminal and invoke the following command:
$> sudo gedit /etc/init/network-manager
2. Just after the line which contain the work “description”, add the following
pre-stop script trap "Caught TERM Signal" TERM /etc/init.d/umountnfs.sh trap - TERM end script
3. Restart your system while CIFS still mounted to check if the changes works.
In case the first solution fails, here’s another way to fix this:
1. Open the file /etc/init/network-manager.conf.
2. Look and replace “stop on stopping dbus” with “stop on stopping umountnfs”